So this last weekend, I attended my first con as a vendor. It was pretty awesome, I didnt sell much but I made a TON of great connections and picked up some freelance work. I attended all the night events and after parties that I could, and I learned some very “important” things.
1. Svengoolie is still amazing, and a cool dude.
2. Ari Lehman (the original Jason from Friday the 13th) looks like a pirate.
3. Any hotel after party where you are handed a shot upon entry will inevitably rock
4. If above after party involves Kitty Zombie, double the awesome.
5. Ron Fitzgerald (magician) is a TOTAL sweetheart
6. Furries will always rock a dance party
7. Every geek apparently knows the moves for Time Warp
8. Drinking with local celebs is always a good idea
9. Ari Lehman and Ron Fitzgerald both think I have a nice ass
10. Scifi cons have far fewer instances of people wearing skimpy costumes that they really shouldn’t than any anime con.
I definitely can’t wait for CYPHAN to come back around next year. Its going to be at a better venue, but I dont think they could improve the guests, celebs, and entertainment if they tried. It was completely amazing.
Regular work on Lotus Cafe will resume shortly, thank you all for being patient with me ❤